Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Stuff! Hurray!



Well, at least no one can accuse me of overloading my readers with too many posts... ok, this is waaay overdue, it won't happen again, blah blah
So, I've been so busy sending stuff off here and there I might as well tell you where you can see my work: Hayward New Line Cinema Gallery, Berkeley EB-MUD building (soon), PIQF, our own Annie's Star Quilt show Oct 22-23, Houston, judged show (2) , SAQA vSense of Adventure, and Hands all Around. You will not see my work in the winner's circle.
And, of course, at Avenue 9 gallery and  OPEN STUDIO at my home studio on Oct 22-23 and Oct 29-30. Come one, come all! I will be demonstrating thread painting on the long arm and felting
 My newest family album piece is done. I am including a photo of it after the collage, before the thread work with my oil painting set up next to it to show my method. The completed quilt has all the thread work done too.





I'm also showing you a little felted piece to
 whet your interest





A little plein air piece from the Mozart mile event.  After 15 minutes , the musicians at that spot on the race route packed up and left, so this is a very  quick  sketch!                            


and just a couple of other places we've been lately, Arata Pumpkin patch near half moon Bay (ponies, petting zoo, maze, gladiators, haunted house, bouncy house, LOTS of pumpkins)





And on the Oregon coast . Astoria. the bright green pilings in the Columbia river really are that color


Watch for early January for workshops locally on portraits and on easy stained glass quilts. Teaching schedule getting interesting for next year (Alaska! Israel! and....)

3 comments:

  1. You have been a little remiss, but we forgive you. Just came from Quilt National in St. Louis. You are a victim of your own success. Love everything you do, keep working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shading and specularity in the portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely in awe of the fiber piece. It's fabulous. Thanks for the great close-up, too.

    ReplyDelete