Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Off to Market!

The SAQA meeting at the San Jose Quilt Museum was special on three counts. First, we unveiled the whisper challenge. My contribution is "Off to Market" in a series that started out as a still life of vegetables about 4 quilts back. It is dye painted and thread painted, Second highlight, Quilt National was on display, some amazing work to studyt with tons of texture. Third, and not least, is that since it was in San Jose, we got to stay with my oldest son, daughter in law and two of our delightful granddaughters.

Sorry about the picture. It really is a rectangle. But the hour is late and I have a 5 AM flight










The final challenge for our Textile Abstractions is "transitions." mine, "Party!", depicts the delight of grand daughter Maia in the midst of the balloons at her cousin's birthday party,  a transitional event.


Great new show at Avenue 9 gallery, off for some house hunting tomorrow in Hawaii, new directions in artwork I'll show you soon, busy , busy, busy! And getting closer to designing a real web site too.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hawaii and a new direction. Oh my, this is just too much for a small town girl to handle. I will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis can't wait to see what's next. I am working on a program for a local guild on portraits. I would like to use a few of your portraits in my presentation. Let me know if that is OKAY. Was in San Diego last week and it was just to short. Thanks
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete