Tuesday, April 16, 2013


It's been a busy month. Starting with as week of wilderness medical adventure,  then another
Paulette
stained glass class in Kona and another  class,  on how to quilt a portrait,

Donna adapted my pattern
Two members of the class showeed us their finished pieces

 followed immediately by a visit from the irrepressible Amber and her delightful husband Dave,
Amber enjoying sunshine and
whales











 we scouted out lots of great sites for the plein air painting retreat I'll be hosting in September here. Amber will be your California contact, and she'll have lots of photos to show you.

























Sunday's SAQA Hawaii meeting was a terrific kickoff for our activities here.  Amid lots of great conversation, sharing, eating, tromping around the yard and my little rainforest stream and waterfalls, we had lots of great ideas from the 28 people who were here in person, by computer and by phone. I will be sending out email blasts about our members, our activities, our projects etc. We will be having workshops of topics of interest to the members, starting with photoshop, and plan quarterly meetings. I hope to be bringing our message and recruiting in Oahu soon as well. Stay tuned for details of our upcoming show



look at this!













Mary has completed her third stained glass piece studying with me at the studio.


Kathleen Kastles is a member from Maui. She couldn't make this meeting 









Paulette will be teaching her design in Kona

wow
A family story
I finallky got to seeMartha Sielman's new People asnd Portraits Book. In fact, after ordering from everywhere, I now have four copies! Anyone need one? I have two pieces in the book. Lovebirds 3 (Joy) has a full page, masking this the fourth time its's been published
 Meanwhile I have a group of fabric postcards to get done today, since I leave for California tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see the kids. I hope they like the new zoo quilts a made them!Then next week it's on to Santa Fe for the SAQA retreat. I hope to get lots of ideas to bring back to our Hawaii division.

Then, my sister and her partner arrive. More touring! And I will be teaching again at Quilt Passions: Snippets, my way, and more portraits, free motion portrait quilting, and quilts from photos. Check their schedule for which classes are when. I'll be teaching on Friday May 10th and Thursday and  Friday  May 23 and 24  Also planned, painting lessons at my studio, beginning mid May .Let me know if you are interested.

And, hopefully, I will get to the myriad of unfinished and planned projects in between. It's all good.
As for the rest of the world, the mottos from my younger more activist days still ring true: keep the faith, work for peace and stay strong. Aloha/Shalom

















1 comment:

  1. These looks like fantastic projects and workshops. How wonderful to live on your own "Fantasy Island."

    ReplyDelete